View Island Joy Rides Map in a larger map
Most of our tours start in the Comox Valley at either:
- Old House Hotel and Spa (1-888-703-0202): Airport shuttle available - please call to arrange pick-up time
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa (1 800-663-7929): Airport shuttle available - please call to arrange pick-up time
*Please call to reserve your shuttle time.
Getting here from Vancouver
Option #1: FLY
- Fly direct from Vancouver Airport (YVR) to Comox Airport (YQQ) on Central Mountain Air or Pacific Coastal
- Fly direct from downtown Vancouver to Comox Harbour on Harbour Air (25 minutes)
Option #2: FERRY then SHUTTLE
FERRY: Take the 1.5 hour ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay (For schedules see BC Ferries Information or call toll-free 1-888-223-3779) **Reservations for ferries are available, and recommended, on select Mainland - Vancouver Island routes. You'll need a credit card handy when you call.
SHUTTLE: Island Link Express Bus, pick up at Departure Bay Ferry Terminal in Nanaimo. Drop-off location - Petro-Can (takes about 1.5 hours). You must make a reservation in advance for this shuttle.
Drop-off for Island Link:
- If you are staying at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa you will need to be dropped off at the Driftwood Mall location and shuttle (you will need to pre-arrange this with the Kingfisher - call 1-800-663-7929) or take a short taxi ride (call United Cabs - 250-339-7955).
- If you are staying at the Old House Village Hotel, drop-off will be at the Petro-Can gas station, which is across the street from the Old House Village Hotel.
Option #3: FERRY then RENT A CAR
FERRY: Take the 1.5 hour ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay **Reservations for ferries are available, and recommended, on select Mainland - Vancouver Island routes. You'll need a credit card handy when you call.
RENT A CAR: Budget (about and hour drive north to Courtenay)
Getting here by land from Victoria
The Comox Valley is approximately 2.5 hours north of Victoria by car.
Option #1: SHUTTLE: ISLAND LINK EXPRESS BUS
- Island Link provides a passenger express bus service between most Vancouver Island points and BC Ferries’ services at Nanaimo Departure Bay. The Island Link website has plenty of information on traveling to our area from all over British Columbia (including from the Vancouver International Airport).
Option #2: RENT A CAR
No matter how you get here, we know it will be worth it!