Sip and Savour is an intimate, memorable, and unique opportunity to connect with our island. It’s about cycling through breathtaking scenery; relaxing in a Hydropath Spa after an invigorating ride through history; whale watching on our vast ocean; kayaking in the channels of the Campbell River; savouring a locally-sourced, wine-pairing dinner prepared by our private chef with us at our private residence.
- Monday, June 25 to Saturday, July 1
- Monday, August 13 to Saturday, August 19
- Monday, September 10 to Saturday, September 15
*If these dates don't work for you, gather a group of 6 or more and make it a Private Tour!
At a Glance
- Duration: 5 nights and 6 days
- Explore: Comox Valley, Campbell River and Quadra Island
- Difficulty: 2.5 out of 5 (we do our best to keep you along the coast and away from hills)
$2,899pp plus GST - Oceanview rooms
- Optional upgrade to beachfront suite: $2,999 plus GST
- Electric bike rental available: $50 per day
Included in this Experience
- 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, snacks/cold beverages throughout tour, and 3 dinners
- 5 nights in our favourite accommodations
- Hydropath Spa at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa on Day 2
- Whale watching on Day 4 - or ride, if you'd prefer
- Guided kayaking
- Support and services of our experienced local guides
- Van to support a variety of route options
- Ferry to Quadra Island
- Detailed pre-trip information package
- Maps and cue sheets
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Use of fully equipped hybrid Giant Escape bike plus helmet and accessories
- Baggage transfers and porterage
- Return shuttle to Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa
- Island Joy Rides cycling jersey (Sugoi)
- Island Joy Rides water bottle
- Alcoholic beverages beyond wine pairing
- Gratuities for guides
- Personal expenses
- Travel to Vancouver Island
Day One: Discover Courtenay’s Forests and Chocolate (45 km)
We gather at 9:00 am at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa to fit your bikes and prepare for this week’s adventure. Follow the coast and quiet roads through the farms and forests of Courtenay. It’s the only city in the valley, but its low-rise buildings, flower-filled streets and genuine friendliness make it feel more like a village. If Courtenay has ambitions, they don’t include big city stress. We dine together tonight at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa.
Day Two: Funky Cumberland followed by Hydropath Spa (35 km - with option to ride longer)
Once a coal mining city, Cumberland is climbing to its feet and putting on new duds as a niche community and dynamic tourist destination. Its history, funky vibe, and eclectic locals make it a fun place to explore. After our invigorating ride, relax with a Hydropath experience at the Kingfisher Spa (or skip that and ride longer with one of our guides – it’s your holiday!). Enjoy dinner on your own tonight, with our recommendations.
Day Three: Coastal Cycle to Campbell River (62 km)
After breakfast, we head north to Campbell River, (renowned as the Salmon Capital of the World). Keep your eyes open for seals, eagles and even whales as you soak in the breathtaking scenery on your coastal cycle. We take you to our favourite restaurant tonight.
Day Four: Whale Watching in Discovery Passage
Our area boasts natural beauty both on the land and in the ocean. Today offers a chance to experience our seaside region from a different perspective.
Day Five: Quadra Island (33 or 44 km), Kayak, and Feast
There's something special about an island. As you board the little ferry it feels as if you're escaping to another world - leaving all your troubles behind. Beautiful beaches, a First Nations village, and coastal trails make this a day to remember. Join us for a leisurely kayak in the Campbell River as our chef pairs fresh, local seafood with Vancouver Island wines at a private residence.
Day Six: Homeward Bound – or stay a little longer!
After breakfast, shuttle back to the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa – or plan to stay in Campbell River a few more days to enjoy all it has to offer.