Join us for 3 days and 3 nights of self-guided adventures in the Comox Valley. Let us take care of the details so you can enJOY your family.
Active holidays offer opportunities for families to bond in new and meaningful ways. What fun to explore the Comox Valley together; trying the best ice cream, frolicking in fresh water swimming holes, and creating memories while cycling carefully chosen back roads and trails. We've done all the work for you so that you can focus on what is most important - your family!
- Explore the Comox Valley with a variety of kid-friendly stops
- Deluxe, water front hotels with swimming pools
- Optional educational and adventure opportunities
- Duration: 3 days/ 3 nights
- Tour starts at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and ends at the Old House Hotel
- Explore: Oceans, rivers, trails, and farms in the Comox Valley
- Accommodations: One bedroom suites in beach front rooms at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa; one bedroom suite at the Old House Hotel and Spa
Included in this Experience
- 3 nights accommodations in deluxe hotels
- 3 days of detailed maps and cue sheets
- Use of fully equipped hybrid bike plus helmet and accessories; chariot stroller and/or tag-a-long rentals for small children
- 1 luggage transfer
- Pannier rental, First Aid kit, tire changing supplies
- Detailed pre-trip information summary
- A complete tour package
- Recommendations of best stops and restaurants
- Fresh sheet with local events
- History of area
- Island Joy Rides water bottles
Arrive at your leisure to the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa. We suggest you get here early to enjoy the beach, spa, and amazing restaurant.
Day One: Ice Cream and Chocolate - 25 km
Farms, frolics in the river, and house-made gelato/chocolate treats are a perfect way to start your family adventure. Today you will cycle coastal trails and explore the town of Courtenay and Puntledge River, with optional stops at the museum to learn about the dinosaurs that once inhabited our area.
Day Two: Forests and Blueberries - 31 km
Cycle through our magical forest on your way up to Nymph Falls Nature Park. Second growth forests, stunning potholes and an abundance of trails make this ride one of our favourites. A stop at our organic blueberry farm and winery is certainly a great way to complete your adventure.
Day Three: Beaches and Ice Cream - 17 km
Follow the river into the seaside town of Comox. If you're looking to see our area from a different perspective, there are several opportunities to rent kayaks or sailboats at the marina. If the beach is calling you, we know just where you should go!
Adults: $849 pp plus 5% tax, based family sharing a one bedroom suite with a king and pull-out queen bed
- Children ages 1-2...$149 pp (includes chariot bike trailer rental)
- Ages 3-6...$249 pp (includes tag-along rental)
- Ages 7-10...$299 pp (includes bike rental)
- Ages 11-17...$399 pp (includes bike rental)
*Prices based on one bedroom suite. If you would prefer to have separate rooms, prices will vary.