Experience the Comox Valley, Campbell River, and Quadra Island at your own pace, on dates that work best for you, with freedom to explore as you wish. We will take care of all of the logistics – your bikes, your hotels, your routes, your luggage transfers (or you can borrow our panniers and transport your own luggage). We're happy to share with you our favourite natural, cultural, and foodie stops so that you can simply enjoy your holiday. To enrich your island experience, we’ve included an optional Adventure Day, where you can choose to explore Campbell River by bike – or we are happy to book another adventure for you.
This Adventure Includes
- 4 or 5 nights of ocean or river view accommodations - optional upgrade to beachfront suites available
- 5 or 6 days of stunning cycling, with a variety of carefully designed route options
- Use of fully-equipped hybrid bike (Giant Escape) plus helmet and accessories - electric bikes available for additional cost
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 luggage transfers
- Optional additional adventures
- Bike bags to hold your supplies for the day, first aid kit, tire changing supplies
- Detailed pre-trip information summary
- A complete tour package including maps and cue sheets, digital maps, history and facts, and all of our favourite stops
- Recommendations of best restaurants in town
- On-call emergency support
- Island Joy Rides water bottle
- Island Joy Rides t-shirt (or upgrade to a stylish Sugoi jersey for $60)
- Travel to Vancouver Island
- Personal expenses
Country riding in Courtenay | Photograph by Kalyssa Heinrich
Up to you! Tell us your prefered dates and we will take care of the rest!
- $1199 pp plus 5% GST - includes 2 luggage transfers
- $1099 pp plus 5% GST - you borrow our panniers and carry your own supplies
Itinerary is similar to our 5-Day Adventure but we add a day exploring Denman and Hornby Islands - with an extra night at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort.
- $1499 pp plus 5% GST - includes 2 luggage transfers
- $1399 pp plus 5% GST - you borrow our panniers and carry your own supplies
Day One: Farms and Waterfalls - Explore Courtenay (27 to 45 km)
Starting at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa we meet you to fit your bikes and prepare for this week’s adventure. Follow the coast and quiet roads through the farms and forests of Courtenay. It’s the only city in the valley, but its low-rise buildings, flower-filled streets and genuine friendliness make it feel more like a village. If Courtenay has ambitions, they don’t include big city stress.
Day Two: Wineries and Forests - Explore some or all of the Comox Valley (36, 46, 56, or 86 km) - choices! :)
If you're looking for a scenic and invigorating ride, we suggest you follow our route into the seaside town of Comox. We'll lead you past wind-strewn trees and rugged beaches to our winery then through our favourite forest ("a place of serenity and beauty"). If it's a funky village filled with history, a cool vibe, and a shorter distance we'll suggest you head up to Cumberland. Of course, if you're keen, you can experience both. Tonight you sleep at the Old House Hotel and Spa (yes, spa! Book an appointment, if you're interested)
Day Three: Oceans and Ice Cream - Coastal Cycle to Campbell River 62 km)
Scenic cycling through farmland, past vast sandy beaches and Provincial Parks, and up the coast to Campbell River.
Day Four: Adventure Day - Experience Campbell River by Land or Sea
Explore Campbell River's forests and waterfalls by bike (28 to 45 km) OR we are happy to book any of the following adventures for you (additional cost applies-):
- Whale watching
- Wildlife viewing
- Guided kayaking
- Bike to hiking trails
Day Five: Ferries and a First Nations Village - Find the Magic of Quadra Island (33 or 44 km)
A 10 minute ride away, Quadra is one of our favourite islands. From the culture to the spectacular beaches, it's simply magical.
PLEASE NOTE: Your tour ends in Campbell River. Fly, take the express bus, or book our shuttle back to Courtenay. Leaving Campbell River.
Contact us for more details.
"Great trip, excellent service!"