WIne & Chocolate is available for groups of 6 or more. It is an ideal tour for locals, visiting friends and relatives, and tourists who want to get out on a bike to taste and explore the Comox Valley for an afternoon. Breathe in the fresh air as you meander along quiet roads and trails; pick blueberries and sample cider at the farm; and savour decadent, hand-made chocolates. Island Joy Rides guides take care of the details - bikes, helmets, routes, snacks, and water - while our guests experience the joy of biking, the simplicity of slowing down, and the (re)connection with some of the Comox Valley’s most delicious and decadent treats.
We are happy to work around you and your groups' needs
- Start and Finish Location: We can meet you and your group at your hotel or will arrange a starting place to suit you
- Meeting Time: 12:45pm (but, again, we can work around your group)
- Finish Time: Approximately 4:00pm
- Distance: Approximately18 km (with support available)
- Fitness Level: All fitness levels and ages welcome. There are few hills on this leisurely adventure.
Wish you could enjoy Bike and Beer, enjoying one of our local craft breweries instead of cider? Gather a group of 6 or more and we will make it happen!
This Experience Includes
- Charming, local guides
- Approximately 3 hours of gentle touring with very few hills
- Comfortable hybrid bikes, helmets and accessories
- Use of an Island Joy Rides water bottle
- Guilt-free snacks
- Refreshing tastings
- Decadent hand-made chocolate samples
- Adults - $89 pp + GST
- Children - $60 (ages 13 to 18) pp + GST
*There is a 6 person minimum required for this tour
Our guests say...
“One of my favourite tours ever!”
What a fabulous day! The tour was a wonderful experience. Our guides were professional, charming, interesting, and enthusiastic. It was a pleasure to spend the day with them. Attention to detail was very apparent from start to finish. We were pleasantly surprised from the moment we pulled into the parking lot and saw the cute picnic table set up with everything from fresh cut flowers, bowls of amazing snacks, baskets of drinks, gum, sunscreen, gloves, and more. At each stop we ate yummy snacks and experienced new places. Can't wait to book another tour!" TripAdvisor Review by LoreenJ
"Wow - what a fantastic day”
"What great hosts, a fantastic day out with the "girls". We did the 5 hour tour, and loved every minute of it. Really nice bikes, easy to ride, they were very patient with all levels of fitness and abilities. Our guides were a great upbeat couple who obviously love to bike. They had goodies and treats to keep us going, water bottles ready, the winery was fantastic, chocolate "factory" decadent, lots of very interesting stops with some historical signifigance. Can't say enough good things about this tour." TripAdvisor Review by KimStev