We are thrilled to be offering our 2nd annual Chef on Bike, back by popular demand. We will be teaming up with Chef Ronald from Locals Restaurant, the Comox Valley Farmers’ Market; as well as Marla and George from Blue Moon Farm, Winery and Ciderworx to offer chance to experience the Comox Valley from a unique perspective. This one day, hands-on experience will allow guests to be a part of a chef’s journey from market to plate as they cycle some of the most beautiful routes in our area.
- Tour Date: Saturday, July 22, 2017
- Meeting Time: 9:30 am
- Finish Time: Approximately 3:00 pm
- Start and Finish Location: Local's Restaurant beside Old House Village Hotel and Spa at 1760 Riverside Lane, Courtenay, BC (see map below).
- Distance: 18 km on quiet roads and easy trails (with support available)
- Fitness Level: All fitness levels and ages welcome. There are few hills on this leisurely adventure.
- $129 pp plus GST (includes gourmet lunch prepared by Chef Ronald)
GIft Certificates available. Please contact us.
This Experience Includes
- Lunch paired with wine and cider at Blue Moon Winery (prepared by Chef Ronald - with help from you, if you're interested)
- Market tour with our guest of honour
- Charming, local guides from Island Joy Rides
- Scenic cycling routes
- Comfortable hybrid bikes, helmets and accessories
- Island Joy Rides water bottles
- Guilt-free snacks
- A whole lot of joy!
Memories from last year...
"Food is the ingredient that binds us together."